The half year long university project (which I’ve mentioned earlier), Innovation Lab have ended in early December.  We’ve worked on two different subjects, had a couple pivots, but I think we’ve learned a lot from it. In the beginning, we started with an intelligent project management tool, with a lot of unnecessary features. Despite the many positive feedback, we couldn’t finish this one, due the huge development requirements. Anyway, we kept the idea, and it might be useful for an other application in the future.
mockup
Actually, in fact, Namefinite was based on this, which is a very minimal concept of a domain name searching solution. You can read more about it here, or even get it from the App Store . It seems like a failure, based on the non-free downloads, but at least we didn’t had to work on it for months. I still feel like this is an useful tool, but if no one wants to pay for it, I can’t do anything. Maybe later this year, I’ll try an in-app purchase based model, because the core system doesn’t
IMG_4947
The InnoLab project is almost over, and after a bunch of failed ideas, we’ve finally stayed with two applications, one of them is the Namefinite. I was skeptical too at the first, but with the first MVP and an intensive dogfooding session, I feel like it’s going to be a hit. It was started as a simple related word recommendation engine, but now it uses mass data to generate domains. I’m constantly looking for name searching methods, so there will be a lot new features in the upcoming updates. It can already generate a couple thousand variation with just 1 or 2 keywords.
If you interested, but you don’t want to pay for it just yet, fill out our survey to get it if for free.
More info and download at namefinite.com
This summer went by fast, I didn’t manage to roll out updates as I planned, but instead I was working on a very cool project.
Back in June, I was selected in an university project, which is organized by ELTE and EIT. It’s basically an experimental startup incubator, where we have to work out an idea in small teams, within six months.